RAY (Research @ York)
RAY is a York-funded program that provides income to students who have research positions with York professors.
Research experience could introduce you to the passion of a lifetime while providing a unique experience to add to your resume or CV. Undergraduate and graduate students can access research opportunities through their Departments and Faculties and through YorkU Research Centres and Institutes.
Work Study Program
The Work Study program provides on-campus part-time job opportunities for eligible full-time York University undergraduate students. These jobs are primarily available during the September to April academic session, although a limited number of jobs are also available in the summer to students who will be continuing their studies in the following fall/winter session or are enrolled in summer courses. Various administrative and Faculty departments participate in this program so there is a broad range of jobs from which to choose. Students who are awarded a Work Study position cannot hold another Work Study, RAY, CLAY, or YES position concurrently.
Field Courses are an integral part of training in ecology and conservation. Students are immersed for 2 weeks in a field setting where they learn field methods, how to collect data, how to conduct field experiments, and the natural history and ecology of plants and animals.
International Opportunities for Biology Students
York International provides students with opportunities for gaining international experience and developing the skills to function effectively in our globalized world.
- International Exchange Program allows students at York to earn part of their degree credits at a post-secondary institution in another country by spending a term or more at one of York’s international exchange partner institutions.
- Study Abroad Program allows student to take a course somewhere else in the world. Typically York offers a small number of courses abroad each year.
- York International Internship Program provides students with a non-credit opportunity to apply their academic knowledge to an international work environment and enhance their job-related skills in an international and intercultural setting.
For more detailed information regarding international opportunities, please visit York International.
Additional International Opportunities
- Ontario Universities International is an organization which furthers the province of Ontario’s commitment to international cooperation and exchange in post-secondary education. OUI offers four unique region-to-region exchange opportunities: in Jiangsu province, China (OJS); in the region of Rhône-Alpes, France (ORA); in the state of Baden-Württemberg, Germany (OBW), and; in the states of Maharashtra and Goa, India (OMG).
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports students and faculty for international research and study. The DAAD also administers the RISE (Research Internships in Science and Engineering) Program which gives undergraduate students opportunities to work directly with German doctoral students at top labs across the country, during the summer months.